Assist to develop and coordinate the implementation of strategies, plans, policies and procedures for offshore procurement and shipment to deliver the target benefits and financial savings.
Liase with Commercial Unit and Suppliers to ensure that items procured met specifications.
Handle the preparation and processing of purchase orders in line with procurement policies and procedures.
Conducts market research to gather information of current prices and price movement on different and critical inputs (material, equipment/spares and finished) and advises on pricing and buying strategies.
Monitors and coordinates deliveries of items by oversea supplier.
Maintains relationship with supplier and technical partners in order to ensure prompt and efficient services.
Handle and monitor claims to vendors for defects, shortages, missing parts.
The Pre-Sales Engineer (PSE) supports sales productivity and deal flow securing the “technical close" in complex solutions. The PSE collaborates with sales, service, engineering, and technical support resources to ensure proposed deals include technical solutions that accurately address customer needs, and are appropriately supported by key customer technical decision-makers. The PSE is responsible for achieving a profit and productivity quota made up of the combined expectations of the sales resources, market, and or channel supported.
· Establish good working relationship between Sales Team, Support teams and integrate product sale with service sales.
· Establish and Execute Solution Architecting/Presales Technical proposal - with clear cut methodologies and standard harmonized templates/formats
· Proactively scopes the technical solution required to address customer requirements, assesses customers' met and unmet needs, and recommends solutions that optimize value for both the customer and Jetlink.
· Establish and Execute Bid preparation & fulfillment policies and guidelines to drive - Bids, Tenders, Pre-Qualifications, RFIs, RFQs and RFPs preparations. The primary objective being to strictly meet required responsiveness, quality submission and timelines/deadlines.
· Partner with Account management team, Professional Services team, Shared Services and stakeholders (both internal & external) for timely, quality, responsiveness and fulfillment of customers RFIs, RFPs and ITBs delivery.
· Displays a high level of effort and commitment to performing work; operates effectively within the organizational structure; demonstrates trustworthiness and responsible behavior.
· Build, develop, and grow business relationships with OEM/Vendor Pre-sales Engineers.
· Coordinates closely with internal sales, sales support, and service resources to align solution design with customers' business requirements.
· Request for pricing for products from OEM but you are not allowed to fix price for any of the required product.
· Secures from customer technical staff commitments needed to ensure a deal's "technical close."
· Meets assigned targets for profitable sales growth in assigned product lines, market areas, channel, or teams supported.
· Provides coaching and professional development to team-member associates in order to enhance their product knowledge, technical acumen, and technical sales skills.
· Opportunistically pursues additional business development opportunities within customer firms.
· Contribution to Knowledge management - Projects; Tech support related Tech Talks Participate in Professional Services Training and Contribute to knowledge management –
· PS Certification on the required Technologies; Solutions Architectures - Complete minimum 1 Product certifications per Month and report to your Manager.
· Become visible to customer and partner communities for escalation of issues and creating Jetlink brand image and build relationships at the higher management levels to sell the Jetlink capability.